Monday, March 21, 2011

Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Fight Night Champion.

I like the new name, I kind of like the new mechanics of the game. I'm on the fence about the blatant racism though. I mean when you got called "white bread" in Hitman it was kinda funny. But when all the white guys in prison are tatted up skinheads calling them "crackers" seems a little over the top. Spoiler: The white guys cheat in the prison fights and stomp a mud hole in you after you win the first fight. Fuckin' crackers.

I'll be honest, the story mode is a joke. SPOILERS: I mean the story itself is laughable, but the actual mode can be done in a couple of hours and it's just a string of gimmick fights. Prison fight, amateur fight, untimed spar, don't let the cut on your eye get worse, left hand only,etc,etc I only went through the mode for the easy achievements. And they were easy. Hey, I'm in operation 100k, what did you expect?

Legacy mode is where its at. Start a new boxing career and see what you can do with it. Get XP to build up your boxer skills, play training games to boost your stats, balance all that with rest and promoting yourself all while trying to retire as the Greatest Of All Time(GOAT). My only real complaint with this mode is getting flash KO'ed my Marvin Haggler on the first punch of the fight. Even Glass Joe can take a couple shots to the face (that's what she said) before going down (that's what he said). If you arent into all that , theres the classic Fight Now option, where you can match up boxers from all eras in the "sweet science". If you suck at boxing, just be Lennox Lewis and jab your way to victory.

I couldn't play the online mode, its a used copy and EA doesnt think I should be allowed to play without giving them $10 even though I already pay Micro$haft for the right to do so.

Keep them gloves up kiddos,
~M

PS: 19,813 points to go. Think I'll make it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*by Marvin Hagler. Stupid Cracker!