Thursday, April 7, 2011

I cant think of a clever title.

So after playing both WWE All-Stars and WWE Smack-down vs Raw 2011 I needed a break from crappy games and achievement whoring....... Castle Crashers.

This is one of, if not the only game, I spent 1200 M$ points on and didn't regret. I know I missed the sale a few months back, but hey I didn't have the cheddar and buying a point card on a Best Buy credit card @ 26%APR isn't a smart thing to do.

Anyways, back to Castle Crashers. I've only played single player, I feel the need to level up my guys a little before going on line and doing what ever it is you do online with this game. I am in love with the graphics, even though they mostly reek of "flash game" the animation is both well done and fluid. My ONLY gripe so far is the music, its very MIDI-esque and repetitive. The controls are tight and responsive and I cant wait to get my fight stick back from a co-worker and play this shit ARCADE style. Sadly enough Ive only saved 1 princess and only unlocked 1 character (the grey knight). I don't mind the grind when its fun.

Before I forget, Fenix and I are making steady progress through a co-op play through of Dead Rising 2. I'm up over level 20 and suck a lot less. I still have no idea where anything is in the mall, which makes this game pretty realistic, because I don't know my way around the Mall down the street from my house. We're trying to get the "co-op" story achievement (at least I am) and the "Save Bug" is really annoying.

I still have just a ball hair under 18,000 gamerscore to get by the end of the year and I'll be honest I dont think I'm gonna make it. Not from lack of ability, but because Mortal Kombat 9 comes out in 2 weeks and I see myself playing the ever loving shit out of that for a WHILE. MvC3 is already collecting dust :/

Stay frosty,
~M

No comments: