Monday, November 8, 2010

Welcome to 9 months ago.

Its it still February? No? Well it will be in 3 months! Where was I going with this? I don't know either. Oh yeah, that's right, I finally picked up Dante's Inferno.

I finally broke down and went into my local Gamestop and picked it up. I can admit its totally created in the vein of God Of War. Rip off? No, not really. Noting to do with Greeks, doesn't use swords on chains, heck the main guy isnt even bald or painted up. Kratos would be more bad ass if he stitched that red area into his skin with a needle in thread though. The gameplay is very similar and there's quick time events, thankfully not as many and they aren't as long. I started to hate the "demondoors" about an hour in, and 5 hours later I despise them.

Honestly, I'm kinda flying through it on normal and odds are I'm going to take it back before the weeks up and get my money back. Its not that the game isn't worth $25, its that its not worth keeping if I can get 750(ish) gamer score out of it and put $25 more onto Assassins Creed Brotherhood.

In other "Old News" I finally broke down and finished off Red Dead Redemption. The ending of the narrative was a bit of a let down and while others said it was a surprise, I sorta saw it coming from the start. My only major gripe with the game, despite the ending, is that there is simply too much to do. Odd complaint huh? I had planned on finishing all the side stuff before completing the story but I just couldn't, even though I'm a self confessed achievement whore. I got up to level 6 or 7 on all the 4 "bonus" things to do but I just dont feel like going and killing 2 more bears with 1 shot, or picking 10 more plants where the cougars and bears roam. I didn't even realize how close I was to finishing the game until I ran the last 5 missions in 35 minutes, and most of that was riding my horse from one end of the map to the other.

One more thing about Red Dead before I go....I see they have an undead zombie expansion, and I hear its amazing. Maybe I'll find out next august (that's my running 9 months ago joke)

No comments: