Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Random gaming thoughts (11910)

New Vegas - Continues to impress. Stumbled upon a tangentical link to Fallout 2 last night that gave me warm fuzzy feelings inside.

Minecraft - I'd like to know what the fuss is all about, I really would. But paying 10 dollars for an alpha product with no release date and no clear direction can go to hell. Seriously. If an indy wants to put up a donation box for me to slip'm a few dollars after their half baked cookies impress me, fine. But don't charge me an entry fee to enter an amusement park thats just blue prints and steel girders.

Darksiders 2 - Just read this; http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/08/darksiders-2-will-star-new-character-take-place-alongside-event/ which goes a long way towards reminding me THQ has never had a clear idea what they are doing. Could it be an awesome game? Sure, but wasting the opportunity to bring the four horsemen of the apocalypse together for an action adventure orgy in favor of squeezing a few more dollars out of the same engine is just a traveshamockery.

Oh Raziel and Kain, where are you when we need you?

No comments: