Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Saint's Row the......second

I'm behind the times, get over it. I almost passed up this GEM of a game based on how fucking terrible the first one was. Seriously, the first one was so bad they should have called this one something else to avoid the negative stigma.

Im like 11 hours in and I only have umm....65 gamerscore from it, and I couldn't be happier. The game does a great job of keeping you busy while not making you do the same thing over and over. Built in Zombie game? Scavenger Hunt? Hitman missions? Racing? Boats (and hoes)? Sword Fighting? Stealing prostitutes from pimps to get them jobs at Madam Wu's massage parlor? Spraying poop on cop cars? Fight Club? Well I cant talk about the last one, but its all in there. I think one of the neatest features is buying houses and upgrading the insides for "style" points that in turn give you respect bonuses from the missions.

The sound track is both varied and incredible. I'm not gonna name drop tracks but its right there with the Grand Theft Autos and in someways even better, cause your on screen character will sometimes sing along (which is both hilarious, and worth 5 gamer score) The only real downside of the game is sometimes the physics get wonky (like if your Helicopter clips something just right, you end up , upside down) and sometimes the game just dumps a shit ton of enemies on you.

I heard good things about this game and gave it a shot, you should to. Even if you only do it to prep for Saint Row the 3rd, which I plan to get when it drops. I blame this game if I dont get to 100k by New Years, lol

~M

1 comment:

ZeroAnd09 said...

Just over 84k..better bust your ass!