Monday, February 15, 2010

PSN vs XBOX Live!

No, no, no, its not that kind of post, this actually has NOTHING to do with online multiplayer. This is my shout out to the masses , to air my complaints about the PSN. I, for once, have some extra cheddar in my pocket and I figured I've thrown so much money at Microsoft and none at Sony that its time to give the PSN a shot. So I power up, sign in , and start browsing.

I go through some of the newer games, but I see theres only a text description; so I back track and go to some games put up a few months ago......same thing. Just to be sure I wasnt completely "dense and retarded" I went into the PSOne classics section, still just text descriptions. Granted there is box art for the various titles but thats it, no screen shots, no trailers, not even a link to a demo (thats in a separate section.) Now if Sony can rip off the Achievement system with trophies, can't they at least steal some ideas from the market place?

Now don't get me wrong, the actual layout of the PSN Marketplace is *MUCH* better then the one on live! but when you get to a game on the live marketplace there are links to download the full version, download the demo, screen shots, down load additional content, and when available trailers! The one thing I love other then the basic layout of the PSN is things cost $4.99 not 400 "points" The Wii uses points as well, but points are a penny a piece so its forgivable.

So After 45 minutes of going through the PSN store, finding a name and description that didnt seem toooooooo stupid, I'd go to google and IGN and look up some info, and move on. And after 45 minutes was up , I decided to write this in leui of buying aything.

For the few of you out there who havent seen both, here are some pix, I picked Iron Man because I watched the movie again the other day and I knew it was on both systems. Please note Iron man DOES NOT SHOW UP IN THE GAME LIST ON PSN, ONLY THE DEMO SECTION /screaming.




So which one looks like it provides more content and info for the selected game?

Also, despite my recent PS3 game play time Sony says I still have ZERO trophies /wrists

~Malenko aka LLiNRAC

1 comment:

ZeroAnd09 said...

I completely agree with this. While I don't own a PS3, I still browse the downloadables for my PSP. It's a pain in the ass compared to the 360.